Header AD

10 heart-wrenching pics and notes of Holocaust survivors

 Harry Borden travelled the globe photographing survivors of the Holocaust over a period of 5 years. 

Survivor is a photo series of 200 holocaust survivors from all across the globe.

 

1. Felix Fibich


In my dancing I was trying to express a full range of human emotions from the joy of life to deep sorrow of pain and suffering of tragic life." Photo by Harry Borden.

2.  Leon Jedwab




I believe I’m the last Holocaust survivor out of the 70 or so Jewish families including my mother, sister and brother who lived in my birthplace of Zagórów in Poland. I still live with the nightmares." Photo by Harry Borden.

3.  Mary Elias


 "The last time I saw my parents was when we arrived at Auschwitz. My father came back to get his prayer book. He kissed us and said, 'We will never see each other again.'" Photo by Harry Borden

 

4.  Dan Vaintraub


  "The day of my birth tells all the story. 10.11.1938." Photo by Harry Borden.


5. Lidia Vago


 "In Limbo: In the black hole of our Planet Earth / Auschwitz / They drove me out / When it ceased to be; / Yet who will drive it out of me? / It still exists. / Only death will be my exorcist." Photo by Harry Borden.



6.  Tuvia Lipson


 "Little did I know that I would find the strength to survive those insufferable circumstances that are still far beyond human understanding. I am proud to say that I am here, but many of those who are part of our life are not. And so my heart silently weeps." Photo by Harry Borden.

7.  Leon Rosenzweig

 "The best time of my life is when I am with my family." Photo by Harry Borden.

 8. Eve Kugler

 "I am a child survivor. Those of us who survived were not more worthy than those who perished. Nor were we braver, richer, smarter or more resourceful. We were not. We were just luckier." Photo by Harry Borden.

9.  Mirjam Finkelstein

 

 "I think of myself as a person, a wife and mother first and a survivor last." Photo by Harry Borden.

 10. John Balan


 "As a hidden child I frequently lecture to children about my experiences. My great concern is who will continue to tell our stories when we’re gone in not too many years?" Photo by Harry Borden.

10 heart-wrenching pics and notes of Holocaust survivors 10 heart-wrenching pics and notes of Holocaust survivors Reviewed by Tim on February 18, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments