Header AD

This Girl With Schizophrenia Draws Her Hallucinations To Cope With It





Kate, an 18-year-old artist from Los Angeles was diagnosed with schizophrenia last year. Instead of letting her mental illness take over her life, she used art to deal with her hallucination.

 "I have always been an ‘artist’, I just didn’t realize what that meant until my mental illness appeared. I despise the term ‘mentally ill’; it implies that who I am as a person is fundamentally corrupted and broken.

Unfortunately, as soon as I tell people what I struggle with, I feel like that’s all they see me as. They see the stigma perpetuated by the media, and the inaccurate stereotypes portrayed in Hollywood. That is precisely why I am so open about what I live with," Kate told Boredpanda.com.

Here are some of her arts on Instagram








This Girl With Schizophrenia Draws Her Hallucinations To Cope With It This Girl With Schizophrenia Draws Her Hallucinations To Cope With It Reviewed by Tim on April 23, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments